- Volume Controller Knob Style with Self-Impedance Matching OSD Audio SVC100
The OSD Audio SVC100 Knob-style Volume Control is one of our most popular models.
- Rated at 100 Watts peak, this unit shares the same capabilities as the slider version and is built with close attention to performance, reliability and durability.
- Some folks prefer the knob control over the slider type which is why we offer both.
- As you can see by the many reviews, the result is a blend of transparency and functionality, with low distortion and ruler flat frequency response.
- The unit comes with White, Ivory or Almond faceplates and whether you go with knob control or soft-touch sliders, OSD Audio offers convenience and style with colors to match any decor.
• Control volume from any room
• Wall-mounted volume controller works with any audio/video system
• Low distortion and ruler flat frequency response
• All installation materials includedÊ
What Is Impedance Matching?
Volume controls do not add gain (volume) to your system but attenuate the volume up or down.
- The sound source is turned up to optimum levels and the volume control reduces the sound to almost inaudible levels.
- There are two types of volume controllers: Impedance matching and Non-impedance matching.
- A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, 4 to 8 pairs of speakers, and volume controls.
- To protect the amp, the speaker selector has impedance matching that you can turn on or off (manually) depending whether you have impedance matching volume controls.
- More complex multi-room systems often have a volume control for each pair of speakers that is attached to the speaker selector.
- Impedance-matching VCs offers more precise protection for the amplifier/receiver versus the protection built into the speaker selector.
- Remember, when adding impedance matching, you must turn off (disable) the protection in the speaker selector.
- Most impedance-matching volume controls feature three standard settings: 1/2x, 4x and 8x, while some add a 16-ohm setting like our VMS series.
- These settings correspond to a chart in the owner’s manual based upon the type of amplifier (4 or 8 ohm) and the number of 4 or 8 ohm speakers that you will be using in the multi-zone/room/speaker system.
- Click on the Product Information icon below.
- The Q&A section also has good stuff about VCs.
Impedance matching volume controller with Autoformer
Power handling: 100W per channel
Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz
Front-mounted switch allows for easy adjustment when multiple pairs of speakers are connect to a single receiver or amplifier
Impedance matching for 2, 4 or 8 pairs of speakers and can be used as non-impedance matching if leaving default on jumper setting at 1X.
Steps: 12 (make before break)
Total Attenuation: 42 dB (Max)
Includes White, Ivory and Almond Plates, Inserts and Knobs
Fits in a standard gang box; measures 4.
- 125cm W x 6.
- 35cm H x 6.
- 35cm D
Shipments to all international destinations as well as Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, APO addresses or PO Boxes may require different shipping costs than what will be presented during the checkout process. If necessary, we may contact you to update your shipping charges after your order has been placed. Please call us at 888-488-2635 for details should you have any questions.
Shipments will be made to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom only, using:
- US Postal Service Priority Mail
- US Postal Service Parcel Post
- Other forms of shipping may be used in certain circumstances. These include: USPS Ground, USPS Other, FedEx Ground, FedEx Overnight, UPS Ground and/or UPS Overnight? See item details for more information.
Shipping insurance is optional unless required for a specific item. See item description for more details.
We ship items every business day. Shipment will occur as soon as possible, usually within 1 to 2 business days after payment is received and processed.
NOTE: Shipments to all international destinations as well as Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, APO addresses or PO Boxes may require different shipping costs than what will be presented during the checkout process. If necessary, we may contact you to update your shipping charges after your order has been placed. Please call us at 888-488-2635 for details should you have any questions.