- Volume Controller Slider Stereo Self-Impedance Matching VMS100
With a whole-house audio system, you’ll enjoy great sound in the rooms you choose, but one person may like to shake the roof off while the other likes it mellow.
- That's where volume controls come in very handy.
- OSD Audio’s wall-mounted volume controls are an affordable, easy way to control speaker volume independently in each zone.
- Whether you choose knob control or soft-touch sliders, OSD Audio offers convenience and style with colors to match any decor.
• Control volume from any room
• Wall-mounted volume controller works with any audio/video system
• Low distortion and ruler flat frequency response
• Soft-touch slide attenuation
•Fits in a standard gang box; measures 4.
- 125cm W x 6.
- 35cm H x 6.
- 35cm D
• Installation materials included
A Little about Volume Controls
Not every installation will require an impedance-matching volume control but it's important to know when you need it.
- A basic multi-room system will typically have an amplifier/receiver, a speaker selector, 4 to 8 pairs of speakers, and volume controls.
- To protect the amp, the speaker selector has impedance matching that you can turn on or off (manually) depending whether you have impedance matching volume controls.
- More complex multi-room systems often have a volume control for each pair of speakers that is attached to the speaker selector.
- Impedance-matching volume controls provide more precise protection for the amplifier/receiver versus the protection built into the speaker selector.
- In fact, when adding impedance matching, you must turn off (disable) the protection in the speaker selector.
- Most impedance-matching volume controls feature three standard settings: 1/2x, 4x and 8x, while some add a 16-ohm setting like our VMS series.
- These settings correspond to a chart in the owner’s manual based upon the type of amplifier (4 or 8 ohm) and the number of 4 or 8 ohm speakers that you will be using in the multi-zone/room/speaker system.
100 Watt, Slide Style, Impedance Matching or Non-Impedance Matching Volume Control
Impedance matching 1/2x, 4x, 8x or 16x positions, can use as Non-Impedance Matching Volume control if leaving jumper setting to default (1/2X)
Stereo non-impedance matching 1x position
Soft touch 12 step slide attenuation
Removable terminal blocks accept up to 14-gauge wire
Includes White, Ivory and Almond Plates, Inserts and Knobs
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
Fits in a standard gang box; measures 4.
- 125cm W x 6.
- 35cm H x 6.
- 35cm D
Shipments to all international destinations as well as Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, APO addresses or PO Boxes may require different shipping costs than what will be presented during the checkout process. If necessary, we may contact you to update your shipping charges after your order has been placed. Please call us at 888-488-2635 for details should you have any questions.
Shipments will be made to the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom only, using:
- US Postal Service Priority Mail
- US Postal Service Parcel Post
- Other forms of shipping may be used in certain circumstances. These include: USPS Ground, USPS Other, FedEx Ground, FedEx Overnight, UPS Ground and/or UPS Overnight? See item details for more information.
Shipping insurance is optional unless required for a specific item. See item description for more details.
We ship items every business day. Shipment will occur as soon as possible, usually within 1 to 2 business days after payment is received and processed.
NOTE: Shipments to all international destinations as well as Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska, APO addresses or PO Boxes may require different shipping costs than what will be presented during the checkout process. If necessary, we may contact you to update your shipping charges after your order has been placed. Please call us at 888-488-2635 for details should you have any questions.